Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Commute"

I know it is not proper blogism to not create posts on a regular basis...but, if the bacon isn't at home, you have to go make it...if you know what I mean. I actually used to have a REAL job, with a REAL paycheck. I was even considered a "professional" WHOO WHOO. Life has changed. I have NO paycheck...and that professional stuff...the chickens could care less, just bring on the scratch lady, we're hungry. Any way. When you venture out and try to create that pie-in-sky lifestyle, you end up with a lot of it on your face. Truly, I am not complaining, just speaking reality. I wouldn't, couldn't "go back" to that other life. Just take my commute for example. The other morning I was driving into one of my many "day" jobs...that of substitute teaching. I wish I was eloquent with words. The sun was shining just right to glisten off the snow...it looked as though I was driving over diamonds. It was breath-taking. I do not believe I was ever blinded by snowflakes in the big city...traffic lights, and headlites, but not snow-lites. I have had other commute to work experiences not like ANY of those in the big city. I was delayed one time by a moose who just continued to jog in front of my car as I was attempting to get down the road. This time of year, it is not unusual to see a great big TOM turkey, strutting his stuff with his girls...all puffed out, and all those big feathers. I mean, this turkey really looks like the ones you see on pictures and stuff...the real deal. But to see the blue head, the red-gobbly thing, etc. in real life...I always HOPE to get in one of those traffic jams. Once I was delayed by a momma bobcat. I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't run off, until I realized her cubs were on the other side of the road. I just waited patiently until the babies were reunited with their mom...that was cool...something to really "rubber-neck" at. I always swear I'm going to remember to take the camera with me...oh well, it's kind of like trying to keep up with this blogging thing...good intentions, just have to make it happen. If you read this blog, please be patient and check back often....I'll try to have the bacon in the pan more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment