Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home Food Storage

Living "out" sometimes poses a problem...it's not like you can just jump into your "rig" (as I now refer to my SUV) and drive down to the nearest store. That is, unless you have a couple of hours to spare, which is a rarity around our place. One must learn to become "resourceful" to say the least. You would be surprised what one can do...or do without when things aren't so convenient! I love a quote from the late Carla Emery...she said the best thing about shopping is that you don't know what you are missing! How true. A couple of years ago, we took a trip back to the big city. I went into one of those stores that's a one-stop deal...I truly forgot there could be so many colors of plastic spoons to stir things with....and when did they come up with "pink" frying pans????? Oh, the towel section...lovely, puffy, fluffy, CLEAN, gorgeous, stacks and stacks of bath towels! Since my towels, you name it...bath, kitchen, etc. have been reduced to dull, brownishy-blotchy vessels, my senses were overwhelmed. Good thing we've become self-sufficient...I just administered CPR to myself and careened back out of the store to my RIG! It was easy to find....it was the dirty one, parked WAY at the end of the lot due to it's "non-economy" size. Hey, I think it was clean once...and dried off by one of my towels....such is life in the country.
Anyway, getting back to being resourceful...it would behoove most to have their own food storage plan. To get started, I invite you to read an article I wrote. Please click link below, type in the key words home food storage program to and you will find the article!

As Featured On EzineArticles

No comments:

Post a Comment